Ahhhhhhhhh…the infamous and highly sought after Airstream Bambi II. They came out originally in the late 1950’s, discontinued, and then were reintroduced for the year 1964, thus the term, Bambi II. So only one year of the Bambi II’s were built making it a low production and very rare Airstream. And because of their recent extreme popularity Airstream has again reintroduced them in the last couple of years.
Some people say that when you look up the words, “cool or cute”, in the dictionary a picture of this vintage trailer pops up!!! I believe it! When it goes down the road it’s always smiles around it. When it shows up at its destination…guess what…smiles again all around itJ People can’t stop smiling at it. And then their stories start as to when Mom and Dan used to take him camping in it and he had so much fun. Time to relive those memories!
This vintage beauty has been lovingly restored by another restorer back East but I’m impressed. And after restoring over 75 vintage trailers for the last 14 years it takes a lot to impress me. This isn’t a “backyard” restoration by an amateur. This builder took his time. It’s ready to go to create smiles all over again.
- Open floor plan that is very eye pleasing
- Solid new subfloor
- No rain leaks
- New bamboo flooring
- New tile on kitchen counter, rear counter and backsplash
- Custom pull-out shelf under stove to maximize food prep and serving space
- Custom drawers built under kitchen sink
- Newly stained cabinet doors enhanced with custom trim
- Rear sink removed to add a LOT more storage space (Two sinks were an overkill as the kitchen sink is only 2 feet away…duhhhh). I’ll take additional space any day!
- Kitchen sink recoated white
- New faucet
- New water supply lines
- New 110v fridge / freezer
- New 2 burner propane stove
- BOTH couches pull out to make into double beds creating sleeping for 4 adults
- New front light sconces over front couch
- New hanging lamp over side couch
- New working LED bar lighting on living room ceiling and rear bath area
- New pillows and newer upholstery
- All windows functional and working
- All electrical functional and working (all lights turned on in the pics)
- Straight body / no wrecks
- Old and leaky propane water heater replaced with new
- New working LED running lights
- Newer exterior aluminum polish
- Newer tires
- New “moon” vintage hubcaps
- Freshly greased bearings
- Working trailer brakes
- Hitch and rear bumper newly painted
- New propane tanks and regulator
We are a high end vintage trailer restoration company, based in Temecula, CA, 75 miles south of Los Angeles in the heart of Wine Country. Renting our vintage trailers is also provided to the film industry at a competitive rate. Currently, we have 15 available.