Film location located 75 minutes from Los Angeles, in Lancaster, CA.
Our cabin is 400 sq ft. It has a rustic style - warm reddish tile flooring, wooden walls, a fireplace, and a wooden kitchen.
There is a dirt road on the property that leads to the cabin.
We are located 2 miles from the Antelope Valley Indian Museum and 4 miles from Lake Los Angeles, which has shops and gas stations. There is 20,000 sq. ft of parking on the property. The property is easily accessible from the main road, 150th St. E.
If you're looking to rent the entire property and not only the cabin area, please contact us for details. More information can be found on www.rockybuttes.com.
*Prices below are for the cabin area only:
Depending on your inquiry you might be charged one of the rates below,
> Small production (up to 12 people): $825 for a 12-hour day
> Medium production (up to 30 people): $1650 for a 12-hour day
> Large production (30+ people): $3300+ for a 12-hour day (depends on the impact the production will have on the landscape).
*If the allowed crew size is exceeded there will be a $150 per person charge for every extra person.
*A site representative is required in every shoot, this needs to be paid separately by the client.
*Please note our rates are daily, not per hour.
*Please note this is a movie ranch and our prices are fixed.
*There is power in the cabin that we rent out for $75/day. It can take 2 1.8K HMI's + all the Kino's you want.
Port a potties can be rented from Andy Gump - Santa Clarita.
Property fee needs to be paid before the start date in order to lock the dates.
Security deposit is required, must be bank certified check. Fee is 70% of daily fee ($1,500 minimum). This will be returned at the end of the shoot date if no issues are reported by the site rep.
• INSURANCE IS REQUIRED, WE MUST RECEIVE IT PRIOR TO THE START DATE
• THERE IS TO BE NO SMOKING ANYWHERE.
• BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL BE SHOOTING IN AN OPEN DESERT ENVIRONMENT WITH VARIED
TEMPERATURE CHANGES. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE CLOTHING THAT KEEPS YOU WARM FOR THE
• NO OPEN TOED SHOES. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY. THE TERRAIN IS UNEVEN IN ANY GIVEN AREA
AND YOU SHOULD TAKE CARE TO WATCH WHERE YOU ARE WALKING.
• IN ORDER TO PROTECT AS MUCH OF THE NATURAL TERRAIN AS POSSIBLE, PLEASE DO NOT WANDER
OFF ANY PATHS UNLESS YOU ARE PLACING A LIGHT OR SET DEC OR ARE SHOOTING A SCENE.
• DO NOT DUMP ANY FOOD OR LIQUIDS INCLUDING WATER ONTO ANY OF THE TERRAIN. PLEASE PUT ALL TRASH, FOOD OR BEVERAGES INTO TRASH RECEPTACLES THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE.
• PLEASE KEEP ENSURE YOUR TRASH GETS PUT INTO RECEPTACLES INCLUDING YOUR 1⁄2 EMPTY
WATER BOTTLES. DO NOT LEAVE THEM LAYING AROUND AS THE DESERT TENDS TO HAVE WINDS COME
AT VARYING TIMES OF THE DAY AND NIGHT.
• NO DRIVING OFF THE ROADS OR PATHS DESIGNATED BY THE PROPERTY OWNER OR SITE REP. WE DO
NOT WANT TO CREATE NEW PATHS OR ROADS ON THIS PROPERTY - DOING SO WILL INCURR A $500/YARD FEE.
• DO NOT REMOVE ANY PLANTS OR WILDLIFE YOU ENCOUNTER. THIS INCLUDES DEAD PLANTS OR
ANIMALS. THEY ARE PART OF THE ECOSYSTEM AND SHOULD REMAIN WHERE THEY ARE.
• PLEASE NOTE THERE IS WILDLIFE INCLUDING SNAKES.
• TRANSPORTATION VEHICLES SHOULD USE EXISTING TURNOUTS TO TURN AROUND. DO NOT BACK
INTO DESERT TERRAIN WHEN TRYING TO TURN AROUND ON THE DIRT ROADS.
• IF THERE IS SOMETHING ON THE PROPERTY THAT YOU’D TO DO, DON’T ASSUME YOU CAN. ASK THE
OWNER OR SITE REP FOR ASSISTANCE.
Contact Rocky Buttes